12 Apr 4 reasons to use high quality imagery to drive sales
4 reasons to use high quality, relevant images to successfully attract and engage your target market
Blog post by Sarah Aktag
12th April, 2023
As business owners we want to attract and engage our audience. I’m here to share how high-quality, relevant images can help you achieve this. As a professional photographer, I’ve learnt one of the greatest struggles start-ups experience is the need for high quality visual content.
Here’s four reasons to use high-quality, relevant images in your business.
Top four reasons to use high quality, relevant images in business
- Images = communication – Photos have the ability to convey a message to your audience. A high-quality image that naturally links with your message is the perfect way to build rapport, intrigue and familiarity.
- Increases the chance of content being shared – When you engage your audience with high quality content, it puts you on the fast track to connecting with your target market as well as making it more likely to be shared. This in turn delivers more traffic to your digital platforms, increases engagement and ultimately impacts the success of your business. On the flip side, sharing poor quality images with no context to your message, services or brand is confusing and unenticing.
- Positively builds brand perception and reputation – Everyone wants to stand out from the crowd and one way to do this is through stunning visuals. High quality images send the message that your business is a professional brand and increases credibility. This enhances the overall perception of your service, helps you become memorable, builds engagement and momentum. As followers or browsers spend more time interacting with your brand, they’ll also recall your messaging.
- Creates a consistent look – A stress free and effective way to create a consistent, high-quality look is through stock images. Not only are they shot by professionals, they’re affordable and provide a wide range of images in your brand colours (without the cost of regular personal shoots). To keep things interesting, share a a mix of stock images and professional photos featuring you. This creates balance and generates an appealing visual presence.
But it’s not just a matter of uploading any high quality image. When it comes to using high quality images, each image must tick the right boxes.
4 boxes you need to tick with your images
- They need to be relevant – Every image you use should make sense to your target audience in the context of where you use it.
- They must be on brand – Photos should match the tone and feel of your business and be consistent with your brand colours.
- They shouldn’t be overused – If you’ve seen the image before, chances are others have too. Opt for an image you’ve never seen before (you’d be surprised how many images have been seen thousands or millions of time).
- They convey emotion – Whenever an image evokes a feeling it’s doing its job. This doesn’t necessarily mean obvious emotions like happiness or sadness but can even be subliminal. Professional images help evoke feelings – visually.
Perhaps one of the greatest things about high quality images is their versatility. You can use high quality images across:
- Social media
- For pdf’s
- Guest blogs
- Anywhere else you want to use stunning imagery
Attracting your ideal client comes down to many things but committing to using high quality and relevant imagery will pay off. Think of it as something future you will thank the current you for.
Get 20 free stock images for your business
If you’d like to begin using high-quality images in your business, I’m providing every reader with 20 free stock images.
Enjoy a digital taste of Eliza Stock with 20 free images. Sign up to receive your free gift here
Sarah is a professional photographer and the Founder of Eliza Stock – a stock photography membership, offering unique stock images for busy female solopreneurs who are ready to elevate their brand and never run out of content. She understands busy women in business need stunning, visual content (and lots of it) – to find out more head over to the Eliza Stock website
About the Author
Sarah is a professional photographer and the Founder of Eliza Stock – a stock photography membership, offering unique stock images for busy female solopreneurs who are ready to elevate their brand and never run out of content.
She understands busy women in business need stunning, visual content (and lots of it) – to find out more head over to her website.